the daily struggles of Junior with his skin problems

Sunday, May 28, 2006

barf diet

At the time I switched doctors, I put him on a barf diet.

Veggie ingredients were: carrot, celery, broccoli, apples, pears - all into the food processor.

Meat ingredients were: chicken (incusive of bones), chicken necks, pork liver - all into the food processor too.

Every day I would alternate either yogurt, garlic, apple cider vinegar, or raw egg. Egg i try to give once a week. I try to give more yogurt or vinegar.

Every meal includes part meat, part veggie, part extra, and supplement. Supplement consist of alfafa, kelp. Rotation of cod liver oil, or flaxseed oil.

There was a slight improvement in his coat. However, he did not take a liking to the raw diet.

(I dropped the diet after seeing no change in him for a year; it hit a plateau. Now, he is on salmon fish, broccoli, chicken, and sweet potatoes and rice - all boiled)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home