the daily struggles of Junior with his skin problems

Sunday, July 16, 2006

murphy's law

The day that it happened, it started off with 2 pairs of earrings.

I was searching for my favourite earrings (handmade by my good friend from OZ) when I realised that it was not in the usual place. You see, I have storage plastic boxes thats have little segments to store the earrings seperately. By the way, I have approximately 50 pairs and still counting.

I got angry coz' it was the morning rush. Feeling damn frustrated, I decided to wear another pair of my favourite and realised it was gone as well.

Feeling even more frustrated, I slammed my things around and started my makeup routine or else I would be really really late.

Things got worst. I came to work and my colleague/partner was on urgent halfday leave coz' she had a splitting headache.
In my department, I have a colleague and we depend on each other for the department to function. When one is down, the other takes charge, even though I am the overall in-charge of the department.

Then I realised she had some urgent stuff she needed to attend to, but did not. I cleared up her work the whole morning.

I told my bestpal about my chain of events and she cautioned me about murphy's law. Fuck murphy, fuck the law.

Afternoon came, and she stepped in at 1.30pm. She had a half hour phone call till 2.00pm. ARGG

I passed back the the files to her. Even during lunch, I told myself nothing bad will happen. Even if it did, it won't get to me.

In the afternoon, whilst in high spirits, I realised that my colleague did not fax what she was supposed to fax; and the customer was screaming and shouting at me. I had to clear up the mess.

Fuck the law.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home