the daily struggles of Junior with his skin problems

Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Library

I went to the Library last Sunday.

I was peeved about something and I posted my rants on ST stomp.

I was told by someone that "It's laughable that in this Internet era, there're still ppl going to the library."

fuck off (not literally)

Back to my rant...

My IC couldn't be scanned by the borrowing kiosk. This has happened in various libraries. The solution is to ask the librarians to help me borrow my items manually (with a handheld scanner).

I asked the nice fat lady at the concierge for help. She told me "NO".

Instead, I was told to register for a library card; which means that I have to register myself as a member for SGDXX a year.

I wasn't angry at the cost. I was angry cuz I have to pay to borrow books. I thought it's free??!!

And I have to pay, just cuz your computers are unable to scan IC barcodes?

WTF??!!

And I'm not allowed to borrow books in a library??!!

double WTF??

I have been patronising NLB for 27 years, and this is the medal of honour I've got.

Singapore is so screwed up man.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home